At the same time you think about all changes needed outside your front door, try to observe the interior of your home from the buyer's point of view. A good real estate agent can advise you of possible improvements that will attract more potential buyers.
Make sure your
house is as clean as possible. A clean home look more cared.
- Clean each room thoroughly
- Keep kitchen spotless
- Thoroughly clean range/oven, refrigerator and other appliances
- Clean and freshen bathrooms
- Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains
- Keep laundry items in closed basket
- Clean or replace carpets, drapes and window blinds
- Replace old bedspreads
- Make sure to remove odors caused by pets, smoking and cooking
Making your house
more spacious is a key factor when selling your home.
- Consider holding a garage sale prior to showing your home
- Remove unnecessary furniture to help make each room appear more spacious
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter
- Remove empty boxes and containers
- Clear out accumulated items from closets, cabinets and under counters
- Clean out the garage
- Remove all clutter (garden tools, toys, etc.)
can leave a wrong image to potential buyers about maintenance
of larger items such as air conditioner, pluming, etc.
- Repair dripping faucets and leaking toilets
- Replace faulty wall switches and outlets
- Touch up paint
- Clean and repair windows
- Repair seals around tubs and sinks
- Replace burned-out light bulbs
- Oil squeaking doors
- Tighten loose cabinet knobs
- Fasten loose tread plates
- Make repairs where needed
Make a list of objectives and choose what needs to be done first.
Consult with an experienced real estate agent to learn what improvements will make your home more marketable in comparison to similar properties on the market in your area.
Leave the house
Home buyers feel uncomfortable about opening closet doors and remaining for a really good look at the house if the seller is home.
Take your pets with you
Pets can scare some people and irritate others.
Selling your property in Boca Raton or surrounding areas?
Search the MLS listings in Boca Raton, Delray Beach MLS, Highland Beach MLS, Hillsboro Beach MLS, Lighthouse Point MLS or Parkland by price range; search our regional MLS system to find the latest properties listed for sale; or tell us what your needs are, your budget, and where you'd like to live. We'll get back to you with a detailed list of properties you would expect from experienced Realtors®.